Do you find it easy to build relationships with anyone you meet? Do you get excited seeing new trends and inspiring fashion? We have an opportunity for you to earn while you learn, in a role that will let you use both these talents. Retail is a fantastic path, to start your career within the service or fashion industry. We are offering a retail apprenticeship at Tayside Engineering & Construction Supplies on a 12 months fixed term contract.
Tayside Engineering & Construction Supplies Ltd pride themselves on supplying top quality products to the engineering and construction industries, at competitive prices.
Due to continued growth, they now have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Sales Assistant to assist with the day to day running of their busy industry store
What might a typical day in this job look like?
If you are the successful candidate for this vacancy, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service.
Some of your duties may include:
- involvement in stock control and management
- keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays
- being responsible for processing cash and card payments
- balancing cash registers with receipts
- reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
- assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for
- greeting customers who enter the shop
- stocking shelves with merchandise
- dealing with customer refunds
- keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping
- attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor
This is an overview of some of your potential everyday tasks.
What will I learn?
Retail Level 3
- SVQ Level 3 in Retail Skills (SCQF 6)
- Level 3 Core Skills in problem solving and working with others
- Numeracy, ICT & Communication (SCQF 5)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
All of your training will be provided by learndirect, the nations largest provider of Apprenticeships. We have helped lots of people like you develop their skills and gain experience in their chosen field. Every year we find work for and train over 23,000 apprentices.
What qualification or qualities are required?
You should have excellent communication skills with the desire to work in a team environment. You will be organised and confident with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
Nat 5 qualifications or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
You will be a reliable and enthusiastic person with a professional attitude and smart appearance.
Application Close Date:18/05/2018
For more info and a direct link to apply, please leave your details below. If you think you need help with building/ Adapting your CV or cover letter please visit the support section of the app