Are you looking for your first step into a career within an office environment?
Are you a friendly self-starter with a positive approach to tasks, no matter how big or how small?
Are you keen to learn all aspects of general office administration, and to make a real difference to our team?
If so, we have what you’re looking for!
We are offering a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
What you’ll do:
The role itself will report into our Executive Assistant helping in our front of house reception area which could include greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and organising meeting room facilities. You will also provide support to wider team by undertaking duties such as minute taking at meetings, making travel arrangements, photocopying, sorting mail and a host of other administrative duties.
As an Apprentice, you’ll gain a fantastic insight and valuable skills as well as gaining an understanding of the financial services industry with an opportunity to spend time learning about other areas of our business.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be passionate about providing great customer service
• be friendly and confident in dealing with a wide range of people over the telephone and face to face
• be articulate with excellent written and spoken English
• be a self-starter – using your own initiative to resolve issues and find answers so that you learn along the way
• be determined to learn and develop new skills
• possess good general computer skills (MS Office)
• be flexible – willing to tackle lots of different tasks and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines and expectations
What we’ll provide:
Earn as you learn with a starting salary of £10,000, a contributory pension, 25 holidays plus 9 public holidays each year, life assurance and a medical cash plan.
You will receive support as you study towards a SVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration (in conjunction with our chosen training provider) as well as lots of ‘on the job’ training and guidance.
Thorntons Investments is a Scottish financial services company specialising in investment management and financial planning.
Our values are clear. We are: Driven, Dynamic, Diligent and Dependable.
We provide a service our clients tell us they like, that you can trust, and our colleagues can be proud of. We are led by a dynamic and entrepreneurial management team and are committed to providing a truly personal service.
Application Close Date:Unspecified
For more info and a direct link to apply, please leave your details below. If you think you need help with building/adapting your CV or cover letter please visit the support section of the app.