Howdens Joinery is seeking an apprentice for a Warehouse role within their business. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the top companies in the U.K, whilst gaining excellent prospects and training throughout the apprenticeship programme. The role consists of:
· Daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment.
· Unloading and checking accuracy of all incoming stock supplier deliveries.
· Daily and weekly stock checks.
· Maintaining general housekeeping duties within the warehouse.
· Understanding and complying with company policy regarding damage controls and replacement part ordering.
· Participating as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals.
· Assisting with any other reasonable request in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
About Howdens Joinery
Howdens Joinery is a Trade Only business who has been selling to trade professionals since 1995. There are currently over 620 depots nationwide, so it’s likely they are local to you. The company specialises in kitchens and they supply over 350,000 kitchens each year. In light of this, they have shown growth over the years and are currently in the top 150 companies in the UK. The vision of the business is to develop an additional 200 depots nationwide in the next few years.
· Passion and drive to succeed.
· Using your own initiative.
· Able to meet tight deadlines.
· Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
· Attention to detail.
No form of qualification needed as Functional Skills will be offered in Maths and English (exempt if you received A*- C grade or equivalent).
Training to be provided
Full training is provided and you will work towards a Level 2 qualification in line with the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard, alongside Functional Skills in Maths and English if needed. The apprenticeship will initially be on a 6 week paid trial at the start of the contract.
£10,000 per year, paid monthly.
40 hours (Monday- Friday 08:00-17:00).
Candidates must have a valid passport or birth certificate, a national insurance number and their own bank account.
This is an apprenticeship vacancy, with Government funding available to those aged 16-24.
For more info and a direct link to apply, please leave your details below. If you think you need help with building/ Adapting your CV or cover letter please visit the support section of the app