Please check back once your parent or guardian has granted permission for the use of this application.
Job Title Modern Apprentice (Clerical)
College/SASS School of Medicine
School/Directorate Undergraduate Medical Education
Grade Please refer to advert
Job Category Clerical
Closing Date 27 September 2018
Fixed Term (24 months)
Working Week: 36.25 hours per week (Monday – Friday 0845-1700)
Salary: Minimum wage dependent on age
We are recruiting for a Modern Apprentice (Clerical) within the Dundee Institute for Healthcare Simulation (DIHS). In this role you will provide a welcome to visitors and communicate face to face, via email and by phone. You will also provide administrative support to the Institute and, in particular, the Patient Bank Programme.
Based in Ninewells Hospital, one of Europe’s largest teaching hospitals, the School of Medicine provides outstanding medical education and training supported by world class research facilities and the Patient Bank Programme is based within the DIHS. Our simulated patients are members of the public who volunteer allowing our health care students to learn. You will be first point of contact for these volunteers assisting them with booking sessions, sending paperwork and reimbursing travel expenses.
Due to the funding available for the qualification associated with this post there is an age restriction and the successful applicant must be between 16 – 24 years of age.
Your priorities will include:
• Providing a welcoming service to the simulated patients and any other visitors to the DIHS
• Dealing with general administrative duties in relation to the Patient Bank Programme
• Helping to arrange DIHS courses and events
Who we’re looking for:
• You will have some experience of working with the general public
• You will have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• You will have experience in using Microsoft Office packages
• You will have the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
We are one of the UK’s leading universities, internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others.
For information on how to apply please leave your details below.