Please check back once your parent or guardian has granted permission for the use of this application.
Customer Team Member (Store Assistant)
Location: Claypotts, Dundee, DD5 1BS
Pay: £8.00 per hour & amazing benefits
Contract: 16 hours per week, Part time
Working pattern: Evenings and weekends
We’re more than just a business at Co-op. We’re a community retailer like no other, where being a member means more than just swiping a card. We’re not owned by 1 person or a board of executives, over 4.6 million people contribute to the running and development of our business. Through our membership scheme we give back to our communities twice a year through the sales of own branded products. Since 2016 over £26m has been raised for local causes all across the country. That’s our Co-op difference.
Being a customer team member isn’t your standard food retail job. You’ll do more than show customers where the bread and milk are and stack beans on shelves. You’ll actively get to know your customers and your local community as you’ll start to see the same faces every day. No two days will ever be the same here. One day you could be supporting on changing promotions in store, the next working on replenishment and making sure the shop is always looking its best. But what will always be the same is the amazing customer service you provide our customers and members every single day.
What you’ll do:
• make sure our members and customers receive a friendly and helpful service every time they come into store
• actively promote Co-op membership and make a difference in the local community
• work on all areas of the shop, from tills and deliveries to replenishment and the bakery
• proudly prepare, handle and present our food with care
• ensure the store always looks the best it can be
• welcome and embrace change in store and new ways of working
• work shifts at varying times of the day
To be successful, you’ll need to be able to provide amazing customer service by building relationships with the public and being confident in resolving issues. We’ll look for you to have clear communication skills, allowing you to interact with customers and members, offering a personalised service to make them feel valued. Above all, it’ll be your ability to work positively as part of a team to achieve results and to successfully follow procedures that will set you up for success.
We’d love to hear from you if:
• you love providing great customer service
• you can confidently build relationships with people from all walks of life
• you enjoy working with others and achieving team and individual goals
• you know you’ll be doing a range of tasks within store, from checkouts to replenishment
• you love being busy and always having something to do
• you’re willing to work a range of shifts from 6am to 11pm, including weekends
• you take pride in where you work
When you join the Co-op you’ll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll get a competitive rate of pay including an increase after 6 months, premium rates for any hours worked between 10pm and 6am and if you work on a public holiday (not including bank holidays). You’ll also receive great holidays, a pension with up to 10% employer contributions and discounts on all kinds of products and services.
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they trade in.
For information on how to apply please leave your details below.