Please check back once your parent or guardian has granted permission for the use of this application.
Do you find it easy to build relationships with anyone you meet?
Do you get excited seeing new trends and inspiring fashion?
We have an opportunity for you to earn while you learn, in a role that will let you use both these talents.
Retail is a fantastic path, to start your career within the service or fashion industry.
We are offering a retail apprenticeship at NEW LOOK on a 12 months fixed term contract. All of New Looks' people live and breathe the New Look brand and they strive to put their customers at the heart of everything they do.
Together they share the same vision of becoming “the chosen brand for an inspiring accessible fashion experience”. To achieve this they all stand by our brand values; keep it simple, be brave, think customer, act with pace and take responsibility. That's the New Look way.
Does that sound like you? Then this could be the job for you!
The role will be based in DUNDEE Wellgate Centre where you will be part of a fantastic and supportive team.
We welcome and encourage Apprenticeship applications from groups currently underrepresented including, individuals from an ethic minority, disability or care leaver back ground. learndirect operate a fair and open competition on our selection process based on merit.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
If you are the successful candidate for this vacancy, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service.
Some of your duties may include:
- involvement in stock control and management
- keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays
- being responsible for processing cash and card payments
- balancing cash registers with receipts
- reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
- assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for
- greeting customers who enter the shop
- stocking shelves with merchandise
- dealing with customer refunds
- keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping
- attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor
This is an overview of some of your potential everyday tasks.
What will I learn?
Retail Level 2:
- SVQ Level 2 in Retail Skills (SCQF 5)
- Level 2 Core Skills in Numeracy, ICT & Communication (SCQF4)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to progress to an SVQ level 3 in retail.
All of your training will be provided by learndirect, the nations largest provider of Apprenticeships. We have helped lots of people like you develop their skills and gain experience in their chosen field. Every year we find work for and train over 23,000 apprentices.
What qualification or qualities are required?
You should have excellent communication skills with the desire to work in a team environment. You will be organised and confident with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
Nat 4 qualifications or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
You will be a reliable and enthusiastic person with a professional attitude and smart appearance.
Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.
Application Close Date:27/7/2018
For more info and a direct link to apply, please leave your details below. If you think you need help with building/ Adapting your CV or cover letter please visit the support section of the app