Please check back once your parent or guardian has granted permission for the use of this application.
Job Advert- Refugee Support Assistant
Yusuf Youth Initiative (YYI) is youth led organisation. The YYI aims to empower young people from minority ethnic communities to engage in mainstream activity and become more effective contributors to the city. YYI activities include a leadership programme for young people, anti-poverty outreach work and support around employment and volunteering. We work closely in partnership with mainstream agencies.
As the Refugee Support Assistant your duties will be to provide support and service to Syrian families residing in Dundee. The role will require you to engage in programmes within YYI, and with partner organisations and mainstream agencies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities.
The appointed refugee support assistant will be expected to:
• Provide CV writing support
• Assist in finding employment and volunteering opportunities, and enrolling into college courses
• Deliver driving theory classes in English/Arabic
• Deliver summer school conversational English classes in partnership with Dundee University volunteers
• Assist in any other relevant duties which may be required
The successful candidate will share our commitment to supporting our organisational values and will possess the personal qualities, skills and experience to enable them to become a key member of the team. It is likely that the person appointed will:
• highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the work of the Yusuf Youth Initiative
• Possess excellent Arabic language; good communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate tact and diplomacy
• Possess the ability to work well under pressure and use initiative appropriately
• Be able to manage time effectively and prioritise a complex and changing workload
• Be able to anticipate problems and produce sound solutions
• Possess good interpersonal skills and computer literacy
• An understanding of social issues within Black and Minority Ethnic communities are not required for this post but highly recommended.
Terms of Appointment
Reports to: Refugee Project Manager
Salary level: £8.75 per hour
Hours of work: 10 hours per week (to end of August 2018 with potential to be extended)
Place of work: Yusuf Youth Initiative, 31 Dunsinane Avenue, Dundee, DD2 3QF
Notice of Termination: The appointment may be terminated by either side with 1 months’ notice.
Disability: The Yusuf Youth Initiative is wheelchair accessible. Equal opportunity for all
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Application Close Date:23/5/2018
For more info and a direct link to apply, please leave your details below. If you think you need help with building/ Adapting your CV or cover letter please visit the support section of the app